Friday, June 24, 2011

Passion (Fallen, #3)Title:  Passion
Author:  Lauren Kate
Series:  Fallen
Publisher:  Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date:  June 14, 2011
Links:  Amazon | Goodreads
Rating:  Photobucket

From Goodreads:

"Every single lifetime, I'll choose you. Just as you have chosen me. Forever."

Luce would die for Daniel. And she has. Over and over again. Throughout time, Luce and Daniel have found each other, only to be painfully torn apart: Luce dead, Daniel left broken and alone. But perhaps it doesn’t need to be that way. . . .

Luce is certain that something—or someone—in a past life can help her in her present one. So she begins the most important journey of this lifetime . . . going back eternities to witness firsthand her romances with Daniel . . . and finally unlock the key to making their love last.

Cam and the legions of angels and Outcasts are desperate to catch Luce, but none are as frantic as Daniel. He chases Luce through their shared pasts, terrified of what might happen if she rewrites history.

Because their romance for the ages could go up in flames . . . forever.
Review:

I enjoyed Passion even more than the other two books in the series. Lauren Kate's writing is spectacular, even if it is compounded with somewhat generic characters. But even so, I still feel drawn to Luce and Daniel's love story, especially as it's told over and over (and over) again over the course of five thousand years or so in Passion.
The author just has a way with words. From a writer, that's to be expected, right? But even despite the syrupy-sweet love story (and don't get me wrong, I still love it, despite how unrealistic it might be), her ability to create a new world, in a new era for each time Luce and Daniel fall in love, well, that is just first rate. Lauren's writing just lends itself to the reader's imagination, creating incomparable visions of each of Luce's past lives.

There's love. Love lost, again and again. Betrayal. Time travel through Announcers. Beheadings. War. Fire. And more danger than Luce could ever realize. And it's still not over.

I know better than to read a book when it first releases, especially when the series is not yet complete, but I couldn't help myself. It feels like forever ago that I read Fallen and Torment, and I was itching for a Luce and Daniel love-a-thon. And Passion did not leave me wanting.

Rapture, the final book in the Fallen series, is scheduled for release in May of 2012.  But here's the pretty trailer for Fallen to keep you occupied until then.  :)




**Spoilery** One last thing: throughout the entire book, I kept thinking to myself, so...Satan is a Southern gay man? It was a lot of "honey" this and "darlin'" that and he knew quite a bit about fashion. Just sayin'... :D
 
REMINDER:  Once I reach 50 followers on my blog, I'll be giving away a SIGNED copy of Passion!!!
 
Next up for review:  Imaginary Girls

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...