Wednesday, April 11, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...




Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Goodreads
 Title:  Shine
Author:  Jeri Smith-Ready
Series:  3rd & final book in the Shade series
Publisher:  Simon Pulse
Publication Date:  May 1, 2012

In this dramatic conclusion to the Shade trilogy, Aura and Zachary’s relationship sizzles as the secrets of the Shift are revealed.

Life can change in an instant, and no one understands that better than Aura. It’s been almost a year since her boyfriend tragically died. She’s finally letting go of Logan’s violet-hued ghost, but not her search to uncover the truth about her past.

As the first in a generation that can see ghosts, Aura is convinced she has a connection to the Shift. She’s trusted Zachary, ever patient and ever by her side, with all that she knows. But when the government threatens his life in an attempt to learn Aura’s secrets, she will stop at nothing to protect herself and the one she loves...even if that means betraying her own heart.

Why I'm waiting:  Um, Zachary Moore, anyone?  :P  Seriously, I'm sooo excited for this book.  I actually only recently found the series at the end of last year through an Audible sale (insert collective groan here...another one, you say?) and loved the narrator (Khristine Hvam, who also narrated Daughter of Smoke and Bone and several of the Vampire Academy audiobooks).  I can't wait to see how Aura and Zach's story turns out!

Oh, and JSR just posted this very helpful advice about pre-ordering Shine.  I, personally, would probably order from her favorite indie because I'm a little obsessive-compulsive and need my books to match, but to each his own.  :)

What book are you waiting for this week?


16 comments:

  1. This book sound interesting, great pick :D I will add it to my TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend this series! The audio is great, too. :)

      Delete
  2. Great pick! I got an unexpected copy from the publisher on Monday. I may have screamed. I had already ordered a signed copy through Jeri's local bookstore, so I'll give it away. Bit it's amazing so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, too!!! (On both accounts...the getting an unexpected copy and screaming about it. :P) I was planning on going on a book-buying binge this weekend and pre-ordering a ton of May releases (my bday present to myself...don't mind if I do), and I'll probably still order a signed copy of this one bc I want to support the author and her local indie, but I'm still just so damned excited to get an early copy! :D

      Delete
  3. Jeri Smith-Ready seems to be very popular! I'd love to read some of her books! :)

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore JSR's writing in this series, and I have plans to read her WVMP series, too, cause I've heard that one of the vamps rivals Bones (of the Night Huntress series by Jeanine Frost.

      Delete
  4. i'm not caught up on the series yet, but I did like the first one!

    Stop by my WOW post?? I have a few picks this week!
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The audio is great for these books, too! Khristine Vham is great at accents and she really brougth Zachary to life.

      Delete
  5. I haven't actually read this series yet- but I've heard alot about this book! I'm definitely going to be looking into this series, and adding it to my BTR> It sounds so good!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pick! I'm pretty excited for this as well! I really enjoyed both Shade and Shift so I'm super excited to what happens in Shine!

    My WoW

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to agree, this does sound like a book worth waiting for!

    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani (GFC follower)
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jeannette--I really, really liked the first book, but I really, really had trouble with the second! (All that running around with different boys really got to me, and that scene in the car...) I am obviously still going to be reading this one, however. ;) Gotta find out how it all ends!

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Wendy? I liked the 2nd book better than the 1st. There was some serious drama, and I wanted to strangle Aura at times, but that scene by the river was swoon-a-rific. :P

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...