Wednesday, July 11, 2012



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...



Add to Goodreads
Title:  City of a Thousand Dolls
Author:  Miriam Forster
Series:  n/a
Publisher:  Harper Children's
Publication Date:  February 5, 2013

The girl with no past, and no future, may be the only one who can save their lives.

Nisha was abandoned at the gates of the City of a Thousand Dolls when she was just a child. Now sixteen, she lives on the grounds of the isolated estate, where orphan girls apprentice as musicians, healers, courtesans, and, if the rumors are true, assassins. Nisha makes her way as Matron’s assistant, her closest companions the mysterious cats that trail her shadow. Only when she begins a forbidden flirtation with the city’s handsome young courier does she let herself imagine a life outside the walls. Until one by one, girls around her start to die.

Before she becomes the next victim, Nisha decides to uncover the secrets that surround the girls’ deaths. But by getting involved, Nisha jeopardizes not only her own future in the City of a Thousand Dolls—but her own life.


Why I'm waiting:  I discovered this novel through a WoW post, so it's only recently been on my radar, but ever since I first found it, I've been salivating for City of a Thousand Dolls.  First, tell me that cover doesn't remind you of the Sphinx gate from The NeverEnding Story...you know the one that keeps its eyes closed as long as your heart is true or whatever.  So, yeah, remind me of my childhood and you're golden.  But aside from that, this story just sounds full of the awesome I've been yearning for lately.  Orphan girl.  Forbidden love.  Reluctant heroine.  Yep, sounds like my kind of story!

Leave your WoW link in the comments so I can visit!

15 comments:

  1. Honestly, I wasn't interested in this...until you mentioned The Neverending Story!! What a fantastic movie. And it makes me reconsider this. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fantastic movie, indeed! One of my favorites, right after The Princess Bride. Glad you reconsidered! :D

      Delete
  2. This book sounds amazing! How have I not heard of it until now?
    Thanks for sharing, great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just reading the title plus the cover makes me want to read this book already! Sounds really good! But February 2013 is just toooo far away at least! Definitely getting this one! Awesome pick ;)

    My WoW picks

    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, very exciting! Thanks for sharing...and here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a good read! Love the cover :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh i likey..that cover is awesome thanks for sharing. The plot sounds exciting too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't seen this book before, so thanks for putting it on my radar too! That's why I love Waiting on Wednesday. ;) But anyway, it definitely looks good and I see what you're saying about The Never Ending Story. *Sigh* Makes me want to watch that movie again. Great pick!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this book looks like awesome-sauce!! I seriously can't believe that I haven't heard of it before. I love any book that has assassins in it, and by the sound of it, this book definitely has some assassins!! This makes me very excited. :D

    Fabulous pick! This is definitely going on my TBR!

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well it looks interesting but so many books do. I am not sure it's for me but it is a great pick none the less. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out.
    My WOW.
    ~Marti @ The Story Behind the Book Cover

    ReplyDelete
  10. These books do sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2210

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW this sounds so good. I love the Neverending Story so I'll definitely be reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I first heard about this book today on another WoW! I think it sounds super awesome! I've added it to my Goodreads shelf. Totally can't wait to get my hands on it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...