Saturday, August 17, 2013

In My Mailbox #95

Saturday, August 17, 2013 with 10 comments



In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren.  It's a weekly meme where we all get to brag about the books and swag we got in the mail, for review, won in contests, etc.







If all goes well this weekend, I'll be taking Katie to get her very own library card.  But she's staying the night with her Nana and Poppa tonight, and it's like pulling teeth to get her to leave there at times, so we'll see.  ;0)  Yay for bookish adventures, even if they are only to the local library.  =)





Here's what I got in my mailbox this week...


For Review:

Fractured (Guards of the Shadowlands, #2)

click on covers to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book

Fractured by Sarah Fine - Loved the first book soooo much.  I actually just re-listened to it to prepare myself for this sequel.  I can't wait to dive into it!


Purchased/Audiobooks:

The Spectacular Now

click on cover to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book

The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp - After reading the book and movie review over at Alice Marvels, I knew I had to check this one out.  Thank goodness it's on audio!  :D  I've already listened to it and it's just so...perfect.  I grew up in a small town in the South and it hit so close to home for me.  You can find my review here.


Won:

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

click on cover to be taken to the Goodreads page for each book

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - paperback won from Elena at Novel Sounds; I LOVE the new covers AND it has special content not found in the original hardcover...SQUEEEEEE!

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - audiobook won from the author; I've already read both books in this series, but I'm ready to experience this story again.  I think it'll be fantastic on audio, and I'll probably cry even more this time around.  :)


So, that's my haul.  How about you?  What did you get this week?





The Week in Review:

Reviews:

Current Giveaways:  Check back later today for the start of the Last Hurrah Hop, hosted by Candace at Candace's Book Blog

Promotional/Discussion Posts:  SYNC's 2013 Week 12 (THE FINAL WEEK!!!) offerings are up for download, with Sold and Let Me Stand Alone up for grabs this week -- FOR FREE! Also, I teased The Dream Thieves, and I'm waiting on Ignite Me this week. Plus, we discussed book recommendations on this week's Symposium post and how we read on Thoughtful Thursday.  Katie also gave us her thoughts on Crown of Midnight.

Jen's Currently Reading/Listening To:

The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle, #2)FangirlI'll likely have finished this before this post goes up, but it's what I'm reading as I type this.  And it. Is. So. Good.




I still haven't decided on my next audiobook, but as soon as I finish The Dream Thieves, Fangirl is my next read. I've heard great things, and after all the fantasy I've been reading lately, I needed something cute.  =)


The Week Ahead:


Reviews:   Crown of Midnight Fire (audio), Raised by Wolves (audio) & Fangirl

Since we talked about how we read on this past week's Thoughtful Thursday, I thought we'd discuss how we review on this next week's post.



Check back on Friday for my interview with Rae Carson, author of the Fire and Thorns Trilogy!





Follow on Bloglovin
Like honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!



Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved trips to the library when I was little. Hooray for her first library card! :)

    I am eager to start DREAM THIEVES, I see you're in the middle of it now--and Tonya loved FANGIRL, so I have to get some Rainbow in my brain soon as well.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am very excited to see what you'll think of The Dream Thieves. I've not read the Sarah Fine books. I need to go and look them up since you loved the first so much. Great haul and have a great week. Excited to check back for your Carson interview :-)

    My Friends Are Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  3. Library trips were always my favorite :) It's still the only "errand" that I want to go on! I loved searching the kid aisle, I remember Clifford was a bit hit with me, but I don't know how young. Now we like to library search in our local area for the new ones we haven't been to!

    Can't wait to see your reviews :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely ADORED Hopeless on audio. Def have the tissues easily accessible again. Enjoy your books this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome haul. Happy reading! :)

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-51.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My 7yo is soooo proud of his library card, & 5yo is jealous. I bet Hopeless is wonderful on audio.

    Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome haul. Library cards are a big deal it's the first possession one owns that's like an ID. Can't wait to hear what her first book choice is to check out. Have a great week.

    My Weekly Wrap Up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for the first library card!!! I cannot wait to see what you thought of The Dream Thieves! I'm hoping I can read it very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome haul! I'll be excited for your review on Fangirl. It's definitely an anticipated read of mine. I remember getting my first library card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Throne of Glass special content? Eep, pity it's not in the UK paperback that I have with basically the same cover (slightly different background). This cover is MUCH better than the original US one though!
    I still remember your glowing review of Sanctum! When I saw the cover for Fractured I wanted to add it to my TBR immediately, then saw that it's book 2, then checked what book 1 was and went 'ah! That one.'. I really need to read it soon *sigh* But there are so many books! I hope you enjoy it as much as the first one :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...