Friday, August 2, 2013

Covers By Katie
Okay, so I totally stole this idea from Sara at Forever 17 Books, who got the idea from an article on Babble called Judging a Book by Its Cover: A 6-year-old Guesses What Classic Novels Are All About.  I just discovered her lovely segment, and I immediately requested forced my own five-year-old daughter Katie to provide me with some of her own cover art artwork and then asked her what she thought the book was about.



This week, Katie gave me her take on the following book:

Add to Goodreads





"The girl has butterflies in her hair. The prettiest one was the pretty orange one. I think the girl is floating away in her house. And the pretty flower floated away on the water.  Ew, and there's an eye in the water, too."












Cover Art

Love in the Time of Global Warming as envisioned by Katiebug

Love that she saw that eye down there in the water.  I don't think she really understood that all the black was a silhouette, but she tried.  :-)

Have you read this book or do you plan to?  What do you think of Katie's guess at the premise?  

Did your little darling create a work of art based on a book this week? If so, be sure to link up with Sara over at Forever 17 Books.

8 comments:

  1. I have never read a Francesca Lia Block book and I know I should remedy that. This cover -- and Katie's drawing -- are both amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds good. It's so funny that she saw the eye on the cover. I honestly hadn't seen it, so after I read her quote I had to go looking for it. LOL Great job, Katie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She has great perception! I didn't even notice the eye! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! She's a smart kid. I didn't notice the eye either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ew, there was an eye in the water too. lolol I love that! I love her butterfly in the picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's funny because even though she didn't understand that all the black was a silhouette, it sounds like she's actually telling part of the story, since Love in the Time of Global Warming has that kind of magical realism. I also didn't notice there was an eye there, and only one too o.O.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The prettiest one was the pretty orange one.

    Ew, and there's an eye in the water, too.

    haha I just love how kids think!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never noticed the eye before. Now that's all I'll see whenever I see the cover.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...