Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here's what I'm teasing this week:

Add to Goodreads
Title: The Burning Sky
Author: Sherry Thomas
Series: The Elemental Trilogy, book #1
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: September 17, 2013
Source: from publisher via Edelweiss
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Audible

It all began with a ruined elixir and an accidental bolt of lightning…

Iolanthe Seabourne is the greatest elemental mage of her generation—or so she's being told. The one prophesied for years to be the savior of The Realm. It is her duty and destiny to face and defeat the Bane, the greatest mage tyrant the world has ever known. A suicide task for anyone let alone a sixteen-year-old girl with no training, facing a prophecy that foretells a fiery clash to the death.

Prince Titus of Elberon has sworn to protect Iolanthe at all costs but he's also a powerful mage committed to obliterating the Bane to revenge the death of his family—even if he must sacrifice both Iolanthe and himself to achieve his goal.

But Titus makes the terrifying mistake of falling in love with the girl who should have been only a means to an end. Now, with the servants of the Bane closing in, he must choose between his mission and her life.

"The Inquisitor awaited, her pale face almost glowing, as if her skin were phosphorescent. From fifty feet away, he sensed her anticipation. A predator ready to strike; a hunter who had at last closed in on her quarry."
-- 55% of ARC, loc 2982

Oh, that Inquisitor!  Just can't be rid of her!  o_O  I was excited by the summary above, but it wasn't until I saw the book trailer that I allowed my expectations for this book to build.  I mean, magic is great and all, but when you add in a girl pretending to be a boy and set the story in historic London, you have guaranteed me a good time.



What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!

19 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book! I'll have to add it to my never ending TBR list:) Here's my TT

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds really good!!

    I'm playing today here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really interesting, thanks for sharing! Here's my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice teaser! I saw a really great review for TBS recently. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved TBS--I can't wait to hear your final thoughts on it. Such a fun book to read. Great teaser and I hadn't seen the trailer yet!

    My teaser is from Perfect Ruin this week:
    My Friends Are Fiction's Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great teaser! Here is mine http://cynthiastacey.com/2013/08/20/teaser-tuesday-aug-20/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, pretending to be the other gender is a good one. I think I will give this a shot, because the summary sounds alright and I like the cover. =)
    My TT

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Burning Sky sounds intriguing!
    here's our TT

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds really intense and awesome! I love stories of pretending to be the other gender. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my teaser and giveaway at Bookmunchies(:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of drama in your teaser. This sounds like a good story.
    My teaser is from THROUGH A YELLOW WOOD.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great teaser! I have some of ST's work in my TBR pile somewhere.

    Here's my teaser for the week: http://witandsin.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday-beauty-bites-by-mary.html

    Kimberly
    Wit and Sin

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never seen that trailer but it makes me really want to read the book now. Great teaser choice as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really excited to read this. I've been excited, but the trailer has made me even more excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see what you think of this one! It is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woot!! I really liked this one, and you chose a great quote from a really tense scene :). The trailer was definitely one of the best I've seen, and my favorite aspects of the book were getting to experience the historic aspects of London and Iolanthe's pretending to be a boy :). Hope you enjoy it too, Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  16. sounds good, nice teaser!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/08/teaser-tuesday_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Historic London? Girl pretending to be a boy? Why didn't they write that into the synopsis?! o.O My desire to read that book has just easily doubled. Also, that inquisitor sounds like a very compelling character! Great teaser :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooooo, this sounds intense!! I've been wondering about this one. Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...