Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (Make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Here's what I'm teasing this week:



Title: Mistwalker
Author: Saundra Mitchell
Series: n/a
Publisher: Harcourt Children's Books
Publication Date: February 4, 2014
Source: for review via ATW ARC Tours
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Add to Goodreads
When Willa Dixon’s brother dies on the family lobster boat, her father forbids Willa from stepping foot on the deck again. With her family suffering, she’ll do anything to help out—even visiting the Grey Man.

Everyone in her small Maine town knows of this legendary spirit who haunts the lighthouse, controlling the fog and the fate of any vessel within his reach. But what Willa finds in the lighthouse isn’t a spirit at all, but a young man trapped inside until he collects one thousand souls.

Desperate to escape his cursed existence, Grey tries to seduce Willa to take his place. With her life on land in shambles, will she sacrifice herself?
My teaser(s):
"I think it's plain by now.  If she's a romantic, it's the secret sort.  I won't win her by force or insistence.  Instead, I ask again, an intimate murmur made for her alone." -- Grey
- p. 147 of ARC


"From that lighthouse, he saw me. That lighthouse, where nothing but a fall stood between him and the ocean. Where some kind of spell brought him everything he wanted. As I slipped into a quiet house, I thought hard at the kitchen. I dared it to give me a turkey dinner, to put Levi in the chair across from mine." -- Willa
- p. 156 of ARC

I know it's cheating to include two teasers, but I thought it best since there are two points of view in this novel.  (I didn't know that going into it.)  Anyway, so far, I'm not in love with this one, but I'm enjoying the story nevertheless.  I am just getting to the good stuff, though.  =)

What are you teasing this week?  Share it in the comments or leave a link so I can visit!


9 comments:

  1. I like the second teaser better. here's ours: http://www.ourstack.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesdays-four-for-you.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I included two teasers this week too! Hehe Two is better than one for sure. :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I liked the poetic second teaser too.

    I’m reading 2 books this week. So here are mine:
    http://www.lovebitesandsilk.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-hung-parliament-by-sa.html

    http://lovebitessilkties.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/teasertuesday-under-alphas-protection.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a good one. Thanks for sharing. This reminds me of a movie I have seen recently. I think it's called The Fog, but not sure. Here is my TT http://winterhavenbooks.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday-45.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good teasers. Wouldn't it be great if we could think hard about a turkey dinner and it would appear?
    My Teaser is from AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's some good, hard thinking. :)

    Great teaser. Please check out my teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting teasers, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2013/10/teaser-tuesday_8.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. great teasers. Can't wait to see your review on this one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...