Wednesday, June 10, 2015





"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's WoW selection is...








Title: When We Collided
Author: Emery Lord
Series: stand-alone
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Publication Date: April 5, 2016

Add to Goodreads
Meet Vivi and Jonah: A girl and a boy whose love has the power save or destroy them.

Vivi and Jonah couldn't be more different. Vivi craves anything joyful or beautiful that life can offer. Jonah has been burdened by responsibility for his family ever since his father died. As summer begins, Jonah resigns himself to another season of getting by. Then Vivi arrives, and suddenly life seems brighter and better. Jonah is the perfect project for Vivi, and things finally feel right for Jonah. Their love is the answer to everything. But soon Vivi's zest for life falters, as her adventurousness becomes true danger-seeking. Jonah tries to keep her safe, but there's something important Vivi hasn't told him.

Perfect for fans of E. Lockhart and Jandy Nelson, When We Collided is a powerful story of two teens whose love is put to the test by forces beyond their control.

I will read anything with Emery Lord's name on it, but comparing this book to the likes of Jandy Nelson means I'll be all over this one as soon as I can get my hands on it. I've loved her other two books, and I'm sure the same will be true of When We Collided. Also, I love that simple cover. It, too, reminds me of a Jandy Nelson novel. Squeeee!


What are you desperately waiting for this Wednesday? Let us know in the comments or share a link to your own WoW post!



11 comments:

  1. I haven't read any books from this author but this looks interesting
    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one sounds like it could be interesting. I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read Emery Lord!
    here's my WOW

    Janhvi @ The Readdicts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! This is my pick as well this week. I can't wait to get my hands on this book. I love Emery Lord! Great pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you love it when you read it!

    Lizzie @ lizziethesarcasticblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds like a great YA for me! Love the trials of young love! Hope you enjoy it ;P

    Sherry@ theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my goodness!! This is the first I've heard of this! It sounds amazing and it's Emery Lord! Thank you for sharing it!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just saw this in another post for the first time. Sounds vivid and cute, and I hope you'll love it. =)
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, so...even thought I didn't like her recent book, I'm really hoping to get back in the saddle again with Ms. Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...