Saturday, October 8, 2016

So, since my end-of-the-week post isn't just about what I got in my mailbox or on my Kindle each week -- though that is a big part of it, I won't lie -- I decided to change up the title and intro a bit.  I might tweak the format a bit over time, but for the most part, it'll contain the same stuff: stuff I got, stuff I did, and stuff that's coming up on the blog.  Plus, I get to use the awesome GIF you see here and blow kisses to all the people who sent me lovely books and bookish things.  Oh, and I've started linking up to Stacking the Shelves hosted by Tynga's Reviews and Sunday Post hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewer since I'm not using a specific meme title anymore.
We're going to have glorious weather here this weekend, but I hope everyone on the east coast is safe and sound. Katie's got a play-date today so I'm hoping (and praying) I get to start my buddy-read of Traitor to the Throne with my bestie while she's gone, lol. Otherwise, I'm just hoping for a chill weekend. Don't get too many of those around here, and I know it's only going to get busier with the holidays approaching. *sigh* It's getting chillier in the evenings, so I'm hoping for a fire in the backyard sometime soon...maybe even tonight! October is simply my favorite. It's, like, the only month it's actually comfortable to be outside for any length of time - at least in TX - so I'm going to take full advantage of it! =)

Anyway, here's what I scored this week...

From Publishers/For Review:

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)Wintersong

You know, I just felt like there was a reason why I hadn't started my ARC of Gemina yet, and this is why: I got the audiobook for review, so now I'm listening and reading simultaneously and it is beautiful. :D And I don't know how I forgot that I got Wintersong this week, but maybe it was because I put everything else on hold to read it, which I rarely ever do, so I assumed I'd always had it. Lol. At any rate, it is gorgeous.

Traded:

No trades this week, but I do still have these available for trade and/or pay for shipping:




Library:

A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel #2)

Eeek! I was hoping the next book would be about the Duke of Warnick after his interesting role in the previous book. Too bad it's narrated by Justine Eyre. womp womp womp


So, that's my haul. =) What fabulous bookmail did you get this week?



The Week in Review:

Reviews:

The Sun Is Also a Star


Current Giveaways:

Check back soon!

Promotional/Discussion Posts:

Currently Reading:

WintersongThis book is fucking amazing. All of my wildest Labyrinth fantasies in one place. I am in love, and I may have finished reading by the time this posts, but you better believe a Labyrinth re-watch is imminent.





Currently Listening:

Gemina (The Illuminae Files, #2)Dude, I'd totally planned to read this much sooner, but I got distracted by other pretties and then I got the audio for review and so I'm reading/enjoying the visuals while I listen and it is giving me life. I thought I couldn't love this book any more than Illuminae but I was wrong.







Follow on BloglovinLike honest reviews & giveaways?  Be sure to follow us on Bloglovin' so you never miss out!

 Instagram Like pretty pictures of books and bookish things? Follow me on Instagram! I also host IG giveaways from time to time. :D


Subscribe by email:




7 comments:

  1. Haha Other pretties distract me often. I hope you're enjoying traitor to the trone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay...i have the audio of Gemina and will listen once my finished copy arrives, I bet is sounds amazing! Hope this week is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved A Scot in the Dark. But, I didn't listen to it so I don't know how the audio is! But the story was good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope the weather is great and you get your fire! I love October too, it cools down a bit but isn't freezing yet (that comes next month here in the north lol). Can't wait to read Gemina and Wintersong does look very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope this is a great week for you! Looking forward to The Sun Is Also A Star.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm finally reading Gemina too (almost finished) and I LOVE it. This is such a great series.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. October is my favorite too, although we're still having a bit warmer days than I like for this time of year, 80s. So, do you still have Stalking Jack the Ripper or Stealing Snow? Are they available to pay for shipping, or just for trades? You can email me at LisaLovesLiterate at yahoo dot com if you might be willing to ship those for mailing costs (if you even have them anymore). Have a great week!

    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...